No more zero days!
- Did a bit of work. For the past couple of weeks, I struggled even starting to do anything. But today I would say I was successful. Here's what happened:
- Slept with my phone on the other side of the room, its Wifi turned off. When I woke up to turn off the alarm, there were no notifications to check.
- Made myself a cup of coffee and immediately went back to my room to write.
- I noticed what my thoughts were when I opened the Google Docs. I felt dread, and the automatic response was to close the tab because I was feeling overwhelmed. But then I tried something different: I tricked myself into thinking this was an easy task, that this was simple. That I can do it. And I tried writing a few lines, dumping all my ideas, and just letting them be. Next thing I realize I was making progress!
- Started watching White Noise on Netflix but decided not to finish it until the end of the week. I want to watch as many movies as I can, specifically the good ones, but I thought I'd limit it to one per week, not one every day.
- Learned about the Non-zero days from a bearblog post. Thank you, past me, for clicking on that post, and for taking the time to read the entire thing.
- Thinking about creating a digital photo book of some sort, like a compilation of photos having a single theme. One theme that comes to mind: "photos that make me feel alive."